Wednesday 4 July 2012

Federer: I have “no issues” with Novak


Six-time Wimbledon champion Federer and defending champion Djokovic will battle in the semi-finals after cruising through the quarter-finals.

They have met total of 26 times and Djokovic winning 14. Some says that this would be the early final of Wimbledon after Nadal was out of competition early.

Federer feeling good

Federer does not think that he needs to adapt his game plan because of the surface.

“Obviously things are not that drastic of a change anymore from clay, hard court, indoor to grass. But it is interesting that this is our first grass-court match. I’m looking forward to it” Federer said.

“I’m just happy that I’m around further than I’ve been the last couple of years so it’s been a good tournament so far for me. I’m happy, I’m feeling good again. It gives me confidence to going into big match with Novak.

Bet on Wimbeldon 2012 with 36BOL.com
“I think I’ve played over 100 matches on grass now, so I know how it works but it is obviously slowing down. I still believe the aggressive player can be rewarded if he plays the right way.’

I have “no issues” with world number one

The 16-time grand slam champion had some beef with Serbia’s Djokovic six years ago and Federer accused him of feigning an injury while playing against the Swiss star’s compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka in the Davis Cup.

Federer: "I have no issue with Novak"

“I was just upset at him calling the trainer out for no obvious reason against my buddy, Stan, in a five-setter” said the Swiss

“That was it. We had a quick chat about it in Madrid after that and things are cool for a long time between me and him. I’ve always respected him.

“Have I gone out for dinner with him? No. But I’ve had many meetings with him at the player’s council. I have no issues with him, and I hope you believe me.”

Djokovic: Grass is suitable to Roger’s aggressive playing style.

The Serbian is feeling good about playing the former champion the first time on grass surface. The defending champion believes that grass is more suitable to Federer’s aggressive playing style.

“He has a variety, great variety, in his game. He opens up the court and uses that slice really well to get the balls to bounce low. He’s very aggressive at times and he can defend well” Djokovic speaks of his semi opponent.

“He has a very smart game on this surface but I’ve improved playing on grass in the last couple of years.

“I won the title here last year, got to another semi-final this year, so I’m feeling good about myself on the court. I really have nothing to lose”. 

For latest odds and markets for Wimbledon 2012, check out 36BOL.com Sports Betting, your best betting site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment