Monday 11 June 2012

Di Natale is proud to score against Spain


By 36sports.comAntonio Di Natale is proud to score the only goal for Italy against Spain in the Euro 2012 Group C opener.

He was in the side for Balotelli who was most of the time on bench for Manchester City in the previous season of Barclays Premier League. Di Natale made his team proud when he scored the single from Italy against Spain in his very first touch of the game.


However, Spain poised four minutes later on through Cesc Fabregas, Di Natale was satisfied with the game's end result and his strike against La Roja.

"I am very happy I scored immediately, on the first ball I had," he shared with Rai Sport.

"Great assist from Pirlo, I think this is my best goal for the Azzurri."

In the quarter-finals of Euro 2008 Spain had defeated Italy in the penalty shoot-out, in that match Antonio had missed a crucial spot-kick for his team. And for that reason he believes his latest goal has washed out his previous stains of failing to score in that 2008 quarter-finals.

"I remember the penalty I missed four years ago against Spain. It's nice to score against them," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment